Monday 21 January 2008

Explosions In the Sky "All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone (Remixes)"


The post-rock genre can get quite stale and repetitive (pun intended), and maybe it has served it's purpose already. It's easy to hear the influence of post-rock on other genres, especially it's powerfull crescendos and climaxes are widely used. I was a bit dissapointed with Explosions in the Sky's latest album All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone, not that they had changed the style, rather they hadn't changed it enough. But then I heard the remix album, and was blown away. It starts of fantastic, with my new favorite song The Birth and Death Of the Day, remixed by my much beloved JesĂș, and continues to on with great remixes by other artists I really love: Four Tet, The Paper Chase, Eluvium and more. It's still all instrumental, but very far from the original album. It's how it should have sounded in the first place, and breath of fresh air for the genre.

No comments: